Katarina is on a mission to inspire everyone from children to teens to adults to fall in love with cooking and appreciate quality food.
Here she shares a recipe for Salmon en Papillote. Read more about Katarina’s story below.
Salmon en Papillote
- 2 x 170g salmon fillets, skinned and pin boned
- 2tbs teriyaki sauce
- 1tbs ginger, finely chopped
- 1tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1tbs oil
- Coriander and chilli to garnish
How to prepare
- In a small bowl, mix the teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic, honey and spring onions.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make the ‘papillote’: fold a large sheet of greaseproof paper in half and draw one half of a heart on one side, cut out (it opens out to make a heart shape) – this needs to be large enough to accommodate the fish fillets laid flat.
- Brush the inside of the papillote bag with oil and lay one fish fillet skin side down on one side of the paper. Pour over half of the teriyaki marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place two slices of the lime on the fillet and you can also add chillies at this stage.
- Fold the paper over the fish and fold the sides together to form a greaseproof paper bag. Repeat the same with the second fillet.
- Place on the baking sheet and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or vegetables garnished with chopped fresh coriander.
Katarina Broadribbhas been cooking for as long as she can remember. Whether it was as a child in her home town of Bratislava, as mum creating delicious meals for her family or gourmet suppers for grateful friends, she has always enjoyed cooking.
A couple of years ago she decided to take her passion a step further and make it her career.
She joined The Cook Academy, working with top chef, Kate Hughes.
This experience coupled with formal training at Billingsgate Seafood School broadened her own cookery skills and showed her she had a gift for teaching others to get the very best out of their cooking experience.
For more information and recipes, visit the Lemon and Soul website.