Katarina is on a mission to inspire everyone from children to teens to adults to fall in love with cooking and appreciate quality food.
Here she shares a recipe for a courgette and potato frittata. Read more about Katarina’s story below.
Serves 6 to 8 people
1 tbsp olive oil
1 kg salad potatoes
1kg courgette/marrow, grated
2-3tbs dill, finely chopped
250g double/sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare
- In a large saucepan boil the potatoes till soft but not overcooked. When cool enough to handle peel them and slice.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Oil medium size to large deep baking tray and place the boiled and sliced potatoes in the tray.
- Mix in the grated courgettes or marrow (if using marrow, make sure you will take the seeds out).
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs, cream and dill.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potato and courgette mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or up to one hour.
- Serve warm or cold.
Katarina Broadribb has been cooking for as long as she can remember. Whether it was as a child in her home town of Bratislava, as mum creating delicious meals for her family or gourmet suppers for grateful friends, Katarina has always enjoyed cooking.
A couple of years ago she decided to take her passion a step further and make it her career.
She joined The Cook Academy, working with top chef, Kate Hughes.
This experience coupled with formal training at Billingsgate Seafood School broadened her own cookery skills and showed her she had a gift for teaching others to get the very best out of their cooking experience.
For more information and recipes, visit the Lemon and Soul website
For Katarina’s recipe for Salmon en Papillote, click here.